Monday 6 April 2015

Snippets of Snippets

Back in May 2013 I resurrected the old Serendipity technique in order to make a card that used up lots of my scraps. What I didn't admit to then was that I'd saved all the leftover squares I cut that day, feeling sure they would "come in handy" soon. Well, soon came and went, and the cute little tin I saved them in has sat on the table ever since, occasionally having a spare die cut word or two slipped in among them. But today I decided that it was time these snippets, made themselves from snippets, ought to be put to use (well, I need the tin!).

The words I've used were among those I'd slipped into the tin, and the roses - well, I've no idea where they came from, but there were also a few embossed rose shapes in the tin!


You can see the squares are unevenly cut - I presume that's why I rejected them the first time round -  so this time I've arranged them in a way that emphasises their unevenness in an attempt to make it look deliberate.

I'm popping in to Pixie's Snippets Playground with this card.

1 comment:

Di said...

Oh well done Jane! I love that you kept the unevenness - it adds that something extra to a lovely card :)

Hugs

Di xx