Saturday 11 April 2015

Happy Birthday Monika

Monika shares my love of Indonesian food and making masculine cards! She blogs over at Creative With Monika and today is her birthday. She is celebrating with a month long challenge which you can find here  - she has showcased a selection of her cards and the challenge is to choose just one of them and CASE it. Naturally I chose one of her manly cards!

This is Monika's card:


And this is my interpretation of it. I used one of the new Crafters Companion texture folders to emboss the stonework,  roughly coating some of the raised areas with green ink before embossing, to give it a mossy effect.  The car image (apparently a Studebaker) is cut from a scrap left over from an old K&Co paper stack, as I didn't have a suitable stamp.


I'm delighted to share that this post has been featured on Manly Monday at Cre8ive Cindy! Why not pop over and take a look - there's a giveaway too!

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

A great case of Monika's original - I know she'll love it! Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

Woooowww Jane...I see that you are great at manly card too..love your brick and clever to cut the left over from old Paper...I love your CASE ing that Brick Car card..it was won on 3 Challenges Jane yay I am thrilled you join my birthday linky party...also do you also like Lumpia?I can give You an easy receipt...if you like...biig hugs...Monika

Betty J Schaub said...

Nice take on Monika's birthday challenge. We both chose the same card to CASE. I like your stone wall. Manly Monday sent me.

Carol said...

I've just popped over from Manly Monday to see your card, this is a great CASE. Carol x

JennyH said...

Thanks for leaving your lovely comment on my blog.
Popping over from Manly Monday, love this card . . . great CASE, love that stone texture folder you used, plus the corrugated strip (must get out my paper crimper and give it a go)

Ellibelle said...

This is fabulous. Love the embossed wall and great colors and design.

andree said...

A great card, perfect for a male. I've been sent over from Manly Monday. Hugs Andree x

andree said...

A great card, perfect for a male. I've been sent over from Manly Monday. Hugs Andree x

Karen Dunbrook said...

cool card...