Tuesday 28 April 2015

Flight at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz the theme is Flight. There are lots of ways this could be interpreted - aircraft, birds, space flight or even the flight of darts or arrows! I chose to base my card around vintage aircraft to give me an opportunity to use my lovely Crafty Individuals tag stamp. I just cut out the flight (and air mail) related tags and have saved the remainder for a future project.

The rest of the card is all made from snippets - a few pieces of background card from an old HunkyDory kit, cog wheels cut out of the remainder of one of the pieces of card, and an image and postcard from the remains of a sheet of 12 x 12 K&Co paper.

While making this card I had An Episode. I've been using my Crop-a-Dile to insert eyelets regularly ever since it was first introduced to the UK market, many years ago. And I still store eyelets in the compartments in the case, just as it came when new. And every time I open the case, I think "One day I'm going to make a mistake and open the case upside down, and then there will be eyelets everywhere."

Well, today was the day........


I'm playing along with
Make my Monday - Vintage
Fan-tastic Tuesday - Use some twine or string
Pixies Snippets Playground - week 174

9 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant card Jane and tons of snippets. I do love how you kept the them of flight so well.

I'm not laughing, honestly, about those eyelets. I have a few similar boxes of little things and if I laugh then Karma will come and get me! :)

Hugs

Di xx

Joan said...

Beautiful card - love the image and the gears!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Joan said...

Love your card, really like those CI tag stamps too. I've also had episodes of opening boxes upside down, my eyelet box now has TOP written on it in large letters !

Joan

Julie B said...

Great way to use up all those bits and bobs Jane. Hope you are not still picking up the eyelets! :)

JayBe said...

I love the eclectic mix of elements on your card, Jane - makes for a great design. I had to chuckle at your 'episode' - that's exactly the type of thing I would do! Lol.
Hugz, Jan xx

JayBe said...

I love the eclectic mix of elements on your card, Jane - makes for a great design. I had to chuckle at your 'episode' - that's exactly the type of thing I would do! Lol.
Hugz, Jan xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Creation thank you for joining in with our challenge over at FTT, hope you will join us again.....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner

Kimbo said...

Love this Jane. Great how all the bits come together. Hope it didn't take too long to clear up after your episode x

Suzi B said...

Fabulous card for the guys... love all the detail. Thank you for joining ua at MMM
Suzi B DT x