Thursday 9 April 2015

Delving into the scraps box

I find it very satisfying to make a complete card without cutting into a single new sheet of card or paper (apart from the base card of course) and even the tiniest scraps are useful for die cutting. For this card, every single bit, including the ribbon, came from my scraps box. Even the piece of candi for the flower centre was a lone singleton left over from a kit. So *ahem* this card has cost me nothing at all to make, as I'm sure you'll all agree.

I used the Grand Calibur for the die cutting and embossing - I was able to fit all the pieces on the plate at once so you see, I've saved time as well as money. And at the moment I have a wonderfully clean tan embossing mat thanks to a great tip that featured on Hope & Chances this week!

The tag die is from Spellbinders, the words from Tattered Lace and I think the flowers and leaves are from Marianne Creatables but I've had them a long time so I wouldn't swear to it.



I'm joining in with
Cuttlebug Mania - Tag it
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Pastel Colours
Clear it Out Challenge - Anything Goes
and another visit to the Snippets Playground at Pixie's Crafty Workshop   

6 comments:

Sarn said...

LOVELY snippets card. Very spring like xxx

Di said...

LOVE this Jane - so fresh and a great design too!

I wondered about the tip over at Christine's blog - I guess it will also work on my Cuttlebug tan mat. My only worry was that it might leave some sticky residue.

Hugs

Di xx

Snippets Playground and Cuttlebug Mania DT :)

Liz said...

Very pretty card. I love it when I can make a card entirely out of snippets. Thanks for the tip about the tan mat, I'll have to give this a try as my mat is looking a bit the worse for wear! x

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

Lovely card. WooHoo on making it from 'snippets'. Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda DT

Claire Toplis said...

A very pretty card indeed.

Hope and Chances said...

Lovely card, the embossing on the tag is gorgeous and so pleased your tan mat is nice and clean :) x