Saturday 18 April 2015

Bookmarked Recipe - Carrot and Cucumber Ribboned Salad

When I spotted this recipe on Simply Food recently I just had to bookmark it - Carrot and Cucumber Ribboned Salad with a spicy peanut dressing.



It's a very simple salad - carrots and cucumber cut into ribbons (I used a y-shaped potato peeler but a mandolin would be perfect for it) mixed with finely sliced red onion and then dressed with a citrusy, chilli-laced dressing based on crush dry roasted peanuts.

The only tweaks I made to the original recipe were to omit the garlic - despite being a garlic lover, I don't like raw garlic in salad dressings - and use a blood orange instead of a normal one simply because that was what was in the fruit bowl. I think the reddish tint it gives to the dressing works well with the chilli.


We absolutely loved the salad and will be making it many times more - and next time I make my beloved gado-gado, I may well use this dressing as a change from my usual creamy peanut sauce.

I'm sharing this post with Bookmarked Recipes at Tinned Tomatoes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the sound of this. The peanut sauce particularly.