Tuesday 14 April 2015

For my Crazy Cat Lady Mother!

In a few weeks' time, my mother will be 89 years old. She's housebound and disabled and doesn't really have much interest in anything but her cats any more, so I thought this cute kitty decoupage sheet from Kanban was perfect for her. I teamed it with papers from my stash and pretty pearl embellishments from The Handcrafted Card Company to make an easel card which will be easy for her unsteady hands to display and difficult for the cats to knock over!





The Kanban die cut sheets are perfect for making quick cards, which makes them ideal for beginners and children, as well as crafters-in-a-hurry. My five year old granddaughter loves them! You can get great value lucky dip packs of them from Foil Play with prices starting from just £2.99 for 10 sheets. The sheet I used had the cat images, borders and sentiments on it - some of the sheets have several different toppers, and some include a background or even a pre-scored card to use.

I'm sharing this with:
OLLCB - Lots  of Layers (the image area of the easel has 9 layers!)

5 comments:

Foil Play said...

What a beautiful card Jane - I'm sure your mother will love it!

Shiela S said...

Its lovely Jane. BTW you didnt warn me that card making is addictive!

Liz said...

A lovely card, Jane. I'm sure your mother will treasure it. xx

Di said...

Darling card Jane - and I'm sure that your Mum will be thrilled.

Hugs

Di xx

Alli Devine said...

Beautiful card Jane Thank you for sharing with us for our 'Lots of Layers' Challenge at Ooh La La Creations.

Alli xx