Sunday 12 April 2015

Splattering again!

I think I've got hooked on splattering! After my earlier toothbrush-and-ink post I remembered a technique I saw demoed a few years ago at a craft show but I still hadn't tried - using a bottle of Distress Stain, bash the dauber hard onto the surface to be inked and it splatters out all around the central blobby thing (note the use of technical terminology there...)

I played around on scrap paper for a while to get the right bashing-level before doing it directly on the card, and once the ink was dry I overstamped it with a butterfly image.


So, here's my second visit to the One Layer - Splattering challenge at Less is More and I'm also sharing this one with Mod Squad where the challenge is to use a butterfly as the focal pont.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Another lovely splattered card! Love the design with the butterflies going up the side. xx

Joyce Erb said...

LOVE your bashing:-) Turned out great. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I can see you are loving this challenge Jane and I'm thrilled you are back again with an equally stunning splatter card.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Big splats this time Jane, super contrast to your last card and another beauty!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Fabulous card, great bashing and splattering. Carol x

Anne said...

Ooh I like this effect Jane, must give it a go! Another fab card
Thank you for joining us at LIM
Anne
Less is More