Thursday 7 July 2016

Bring me sunshine!

Ho-hum, it's another of the grey, gloomy days that seems to be the closest we can get to summer this year. So I've decided to brighten up my day with a sunny yellow card! I made one quite similar to this a few weeks ago, with a stencilled sun and a sentiment, but this time I decided to add a bold, bright yellow and black butterfly instead.  Both stamps are from a magazine freebie set, I think it was Quick Cards Made Easy,  very appropriate since this was such a quick and easy card. And all one layer, too, which is a bonus when it comes to posting it!


I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - code word FLY
Butterfly Challenge - Yellow and/or years (just yellow this time)
CAS on Sunday - Black, White and one colour
Crafty Creations Challenges - Clean and Simple

8 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card, your stamping for the wildflower base is perfect clever young thing. XOXO

Lia said...

Well, your card is bringing sunshine better than the one outside....!!
Lia xx

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Liz said...

The yellow and black makes a really striking card, Jane. I've been making a yellow, black and white card today too. How spooky is that!! No sign of a butterfly on mine though. ;-) Will be a week or two before I can post it on my blog. xx

Mrs A. said...

Couldn't be more perfect Jane. You have certainly captured summer here on your card even if the weather isn't following suit. A great one layer card too. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. hugs Mrs A.

AlisonC said...

I love this. The black against the yellow looks wonderful and yes, it is another grey day here but this is so cheerful. I may have to have a go at something similar...

Cara said...

Love the yellow and black combo. Cara x

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Hi nice to meet you and such a beautiful card just right for the Butterfly challenge. Good luck Pen x Guest DT