Friday 8 July 2016

Burger it!

I felt pretty stumped by the challenge at Cuttlebugmania, which is BBQ time,  until I started to think a bit laterally, about the kind of food you might get at a barbecue. And of course a great barbecue favourite is the burger, so I decided to make a burger using  the basic Nestabilities sets I bought when I got my first die cutting machine. Fancy dies may come and go, but those basic ovals and circles will go on forever, especially when we keep finding new uses for them!

The burger and top and bottom pieces of bread are cut using oval dies. I chose ovals rather than round ones because if you can see all the layers of filling, you are probably viewing the burger from above and in front of a table, so perspective means it would look oval. The lettuce leaf is cut with a scalloped oval and the tomato and cucumber from circle dies. I used one size larger for the tomato because I like big juicy tomatoes.

The top of the bun is decorated with hand drawn "seeds". I thought about getting the effect by putting the oval through the Swiss Dots embossing folder, but I think it would have looked too regular.

The sentiment is from the Rubber dance Chilli stamp sheet and I "framed" the burger by using my biggest circle die to draw a ring around the whole thing, starting either side of the sentiment.

6 comments:

Di said...

Oh Jane, well done! This was a really tricky challenge subject for me too - you really nailed it! I did threaten Jannie with just making a card with a sausage on a stick on the front :)

Hugs

Di xx

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, super!

cotnob said...

This is brilliant Jane, very creative.
Pauline
x

Liz said...

This is SO clever, Jane. Brilliant card. xx

Cara said...

Genius. That is all! Cara x

Swissie said...

Wow! This is just brilliant!
Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT