Monday 4 July 2016

Going Retro

I think this card is a really old-fashioned looking one - stamping, colouring then cutting an image to leave a border and then layering it up seems so passé. Nowadays everything seems to be either die cut, either with a die to match the stamp or a layering die, but I think it's fun to revisit old techniques from time to time. In fact one of these days I'm going to see if I can log into my old Photobucket account and see what else I might have forgotten about.

So anyway, that's what I did with this Kanban lighthouse and sea image, layering it onto a die cut circle and then onto a background made by using the quarter-compass from the same stamp set as a corner stamp and then hand-doodling a fine wavy border in between them.


I am sharing this with

Just add ink - Just add S (sand, sea, ship, sun, sky)
Sweet Stampin' - Summer/Holiday destinations
Mod Squad - Nautical
nd thanks to Zoe for pointing it out to me, I am making my first visit to Crazy4Challenges where the challenge is Lighthouses

11 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Have you seen Crazy 4 Challenges? It's a Saturday one.

Chris said...

Fab card Jane, love the stamp and you're right sometimes it's good to go back to basic techniques! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

cotnob said...

A fabulous summer themed card Jane, such a lovely image.
Pauline
x

Nikki Spencer said...

Lots of "s" elements on this lovely nautical creation Jane. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to visit 'old' techniques etc. Love the striking blue you've used and a gorgeous layout x

Anonymous said...

Lovely images and colours - I really love the swirly (windy) element. Chantell JAI

Joyce Erb said...

Such a pretty nautical card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Mod Squad Challenge

Sue said...

What a fabulous card! thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue J x

Cara said...

Great card, looks fab, to use the retro lingo! Cara x

Monika Reeck said...

the main image in the middle is lovely coloring it caught my eyes
and lovely doodle line you made Jane
beautifully made

Sammy said...

Such a fab card. Love that image! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x