Saturday 9 July 2016

Happy Birthday Emma!

Today it's the birthday of my older daughter, Emma. She was immensely cheered this morning when her 4 year old daughter burst into the bedroom and said "Happy birthday Mummy - you're 37 now and that means you're going to die soon!"

Every year, I make her a sunflower themed card and this year was no exception. It's my first attempt at a cascade card, and I'm not going to enter it into any challenges as I carefully followed the instructions and measurements given in an old issue of Making Cards, right down to the positioning of the sunflowers, so although it's all my own work, it isn't my own design. But never fear, now I've mastered the technique I'll be making more of these.




4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card.

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, sun flowers have a special place in my heart to as they remind me of dad beautiful Debbs xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, super sunflowers and great design.
Pauline
x

Cara said...

Fabulous card. I just cheated and bought the tattered lace dies to make that style of card! Your granddaughter's comment made me laugh! Think I'm glad I stuck to rabbits and not children! Cara x