Saturday 9 July 2016

Doesn't time fly when you are crafting?

Well, for me it does - I can lose all sense of time when I'm crafting. IN fact only today I was so engrossed I almost forgot to go out somewhere.

And what was I engrossed in? Making my card for this week's Less is More challenge, where it is one layer week with a theme of Time.

For this card I stamped the pocket watch and brackets, them masked them  and the top and bottom of the card off and stamped the "Time" background. Then I used a water brush to pick up a little of the ink from the words and lightly cover the uinmasked area, to create a band across the cards and give the words a slightly "unfocussed" look which helps the main image to stand out. Finally I added the "Tempus Fugit" (time flies) sentiment.


If you are making a card for this week's Less Is More challenge, and it includes some stamping and no digis, then perhaps you could consider also linking up to our Clocks and/or Time challenge at Twofers, as we only have two entries at the time of writing! The challenge runs until the 15th, and there is a prize of a $15 Alletsyamp voucher for our top pick.

5 comments:

Esther said...

A bold colour scheme and great use of different fonts to add tons of visual interest. Thanks for playing along at LIM! (I did chuckle about you losing track of time while making a time card...!) x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

That's a great idea to water brush over your words to create that really interesting band Jane. Gorgeous card. The red really pulls your eye into the focal point of the watch and sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a wonderful idea! Simply fabulous!

Cara said...

Great card, love the band you created. Cara x

Chrissie said...

I think I may have had that watch stamp somewhere Jane...it's funny how seeing other people's work can remind you of stash long forgotten!
Great job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"