Friday 8 July 2016

Feelin' hot, hot, hot!

Well, no, actually, it isn't hot, hot, hot at all here in Hampshire, it's grey and gloomy yet again and Mark is beginning to worry about whether his chillies will ever ripen.

Talking of chillies, I'd been looking for a chilli stamp for ages, to make cards for him and his chilli-loving friends, and found a whole sheet of them at Rubber Dance stamps,  so now I have lots to choose from. For this card I stamped the biggest, boldest one from the sheet with red Versacolor and embossed it with clear powder - it was just the right size to use with my tag template.

A sentiment from the sheet and a little doodling with a marker pen and the sizzling hot card was finished. Now we need some sizzling hot weather to go with it!


I am sharing this with:

AAA Cards - Tags



Inkspirational - Anything Goes with Red



CAS Mix up - Stamping & Markers & Your choice (heat embossing)



Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Jane said...

Clever! Bold and beautiful, love it! And it's grey and gloomy up here in Lincolnshire too, wondering if my baskets will survivie all this wind and rain. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Loll said...

So fun Jane! Your hubby is going to love this card. Perfect sentiment to go with your fun red chili pepper! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Nandini said...

Very lovely card. Just perfect for a guy! And the sentiment font is really funky. Glad you could join us at ATSM. All the very best! Nandini, DT

Bonnie said...

Doodling is a great way to use markers, Jane! Love your chili pepper! It's hot as chili peppers here in NC! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Cara said...

I love the graphic image look to this card. Cara x

Inkyfingers said...

I'm sure Mark will love this card - so clean and crisp. Love the doodled stitching and your chili turned out great!

Inkyfingers said...

oops - I forgot to say thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Shauna said...

What a fun card! I can relate to the hot weather as I am in Texas! I like your sentiment paired with the chili pepper. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Susan said...

Made me smile as "just chillin" is a great sentiment to go with chili peppers (even though chili peppers are hot!). Like the marker doodling. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

Marina said...

Yes, not hot in Hertford either, and just humid in London (where I work) ...but this chilli certainly is red hot and your design is cool!
Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time!