Tuesday 26 July 2016

Glittering dragonflies

I must confess to a bit of a shopping spree at the craft day I went to on Saturday. I bought several colours each of Alchemy Waxes, Sparkle Medium and Starlight Paint, and a selection of stencils to use with them.

However for my first Sparkle Medium make, rather than a new stencil I used a very old brass one that I've hardly ever used. The sparkle is perfect for the dragonflies, and the lovely raised texture makes it look as if they are fluttering over the surface of the card.

A hint of colour from watercolour pencils and a simple stamped sentiment (one of the very first stamps I bought, around 20 years ago!) are all that it needed to finish the card without detracting from that sparkle. Have you noticed that nowadays I often make one layer cards from choice, rather than groaning when I see it as part of a challenge? Is it a sign that my CAS-ability is growing up?


I would like to share this with

Less is More - Use something tactile (that raised glitter surface is VERY tactile!)
Retro Rubber - Summertime - what could be more summery than dragonflies dancing over a lily pond in the morning sunshine?
CAS on Sunday - Thank You

18 comments:

scrapper said...

Haven't tried it with brass stencils yet but this looks lovely

Rika said...

Wonderful art work.

Esther said...

The Sparkle Medium adds the most beautiful shimmer - it looks fab! Great way to add texture for our LIM tactile challenge. Thanks for sharing!

Maria Rodriguez said...

Hello Jane: I'm not a CAS expert by any stretch of the imagination but this is one beautiful CAS card, love the shimmery dragonflies. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Retro Rubber, hope to see you back in the gallery again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Katy McGloin said...

Fabulous CAS card! The sparkling dragonflies are delightful. Thanks for mentioning the age of the stamp... we certainly appreciate the information. You CAS talent is certainly being honed... great job! Thanks for sharing your card with Retro Rubber. Love seeing you in our gallery!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous sparkly dragonflies! I love anything sparkly!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

Cara said...

This is beautiful, love the sparkle. Cara x

Susan said...

This card is super pretty...just the perfect amount of glitz! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Christine Traversa said...

Wow 20 years! I do not think I own any stamps that old! This is lovely! Thanks for sharing with RR!

Gingin said...

Jane your CAS card is so beautiful! I love the dragonflies with the medium they really do look like they are fluttering over your card! Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this wonderfully CAS card! And those glittery dragonflies! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and those wonderfully awesome old old old stamps!!

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Jane. I love the sparkles. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Neets B said...

Just beautiful, Jane. I have a very similar brass stencil but with bees, I must use it more often. Isn't it funny how one layer cards used to make us panic but sometimes we just feel so comfortable creating one! Gorgeous CAS creation.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

One layer... no probs Jane!
Super creation!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

anja curvers said...

Such a pretty CAS design. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

Sid said...

Loving your textural elements !

Sazzle Dazzle said...

CAS-tastic and I for one can't resist a bit of sparkle and love how you've used it to create such wonderful tactile elements to the card. Superbly coloured too and super clever. Thanks for sharing and playing along at Less is More this week.
Sarah