Tuesday 26 July 2016

Shaker Cards at Cardz 4 Guyz.

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we'd like to see your Shaker Cards - and don't forget to make them suitable for a man!

Now shaker cards of all types are very fashionable at the moment, but I have a big confession to make. I don't like them. I don't like them to look at - if I've ever made a nice comment on one of your own shaker cards, it will have been because there was something other than the shaker element that I liked - and I hate making them. Which of course means that I have very little to hand in the way of suitable supplies for them.

However a rummage through my stash yielded these tiny black and cream buttons, so small that I've never been able to find a use for them, and I thought the wheels of the penny farthing bicycle would complement the roundness of the buttons, especially when mounted on top of a round shaker.


Not one of my greatest cards, but proof that however limited your supplies, a resourceful crafter can usually come up with something.  With hindsight, I should have distressed the edges of the backing paper, or at least inked them a bit, and added more embellishments, but all I could think was "Shaker, shaker!".
I'm sure you are all much, much better at making shaker cards than I am, so why not pop over to Cardz 4 Guyz and show us what you can come up with.

I'm sharing this with Craft Rocket Challenge - Spots and/or stripes

5 comments:

Marina said...

Hahaha! I love your honest comments about shaker cards. I feel the same way about bows (sorry all you bow fans!). I think you rose to the challenge wonderfully.

Lori Kobular said...

Great shaker card! I love that old fashioned bike! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

KT Fit Kitty said...

I'm just the opposite - I LOVE shaker cards! In fact, I have been making a ton of them! They are so fun to make, and the recipients always love them too! Yours is brilliant and I like the idea of buttons inside the shaker!

Cara said...

I think you're being too hard on yourself, this turned out fab. I felt the same way about shaker cards til I bought my fuse tool, no more trying to wrap foam tape round a shape and getting shaker spillage! Cara x

Barbara Washburn said...

It's a fun card, shaker or not! Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT