Friday 15 July 2016

These are a girl's best friend at Twofers

There's a new challenge today at Twofers, and this time we have chosen the theme These are a Girl's Best Friend. I know the song says that diamonds are a girl's best friend, but what do YOU think it is?

Well, so many of my friends have been affected by breast cancer that I think without a doubt, our breasts are our best friends, and need to be cared for. They can be decorative (or not, in my case!), they can feed our babies, they can even act as buoyancy aids, but we need to remember to check them to make sure all is well with them. A few years ago I had a close escape myself, but thanks to checking it was discovered and dealt with immediately.

So my card today serves as a reminder to "check 'em". I've used die cut circles for the boobs and bra, cutting off part of the bra circles and stamping them using a Kanban lace background stamp.

The lace trim and straps are stamped with a dovecraft Curiosity Corner stamp. The sentiment is stamped using letter stamps from a toy stamping set that one of my now grown-up daughters had as a small child - I KNEW they would come in handy one day!


And as promised, I'm heading back to Naughty or Nice with this as my Naughty entry for this month's Anything Goes challenge. You can't get much naughtier than a pair of boobies - well,  you can, but not on a blog that's open to all ages!!!

6 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Heee I love your boobs, gorgeous lacy bra too! Thanks for playing along at Naughty or Nice :)

Zoechaos said...

Good advice there Jane love your lacy bra here clever use of both die cuts and stamping. XOXO

Dotty Jo said...

A great card and a great post, Jane! So glad you've joined us again at Naughty or Nice Challenges, Jo x

Lindsey said...

I just love how you designed this from circles and stamps! It really is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Cara said...

Genius! And a great reminder to us all. I bought 4 melons in Tescos this week as they were on offer and I commented to the girl on the checkout that hubby would be asking what I was going to do with so many. I commented that he doesn't like melons, to which the girl replied well except yours! Not what I expected!! Cara x

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Jane, I could look at your boobies all day! Hello! I meant your card - get outta the gutter! Your card is just so clever! I love everything about it! Fantastic!! Thank you so much for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenge! And, thanks for the reminder to get the girls checked! Cyndi, DT