Thursday 17 November 2016

It's only words

.. and words are all you need....

Well, almost all you need. This huge word stamp, with its own collection of smaller sentiment stamps, is from the Stamin' Up Botanicals For You set that I won in the Playground.



I stamped it using a Kaleidacolour Pad (I think the name is Cool Blues but it's in another room and I'm feeling too lazy to go and check) using just one band of the pad for the smaller sentiment. When it was finished, it just seemed to be lacking a bit of something, so I found a scrap of navy blue card and cut the Memory Box butterfly, another win (this time from Liz, Crafty Sunflower) which was just enough to give the whole card the little lift it needed.

I am sharing this with

ATCAS - Ombré
Butterfly Challenge - Navy and/or Not Square (Not sure whether a rectangle counts as not square, so it may just be for the navy part of the challenge)

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jane, to be square it needs to have sides all the same size so oblong is fine and indeed it fits your stamp that you have used perfectly. Just trying to think whether I have this set myself. The butterfly is a perfect finish. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Lindsey said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colours and yep, that butterfly just finishes it off.

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous ombre effect on your sentiment, and I love the pop of black with your butterfly, Jane...I LOVE this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Sonia said...

A beautiful card love the op of black with the butterfly.

Crafty Hugs Sonia xx