Friday 25 November 2016

November's Rudolph Day

It's the 25th of the month and time for Rudolph Day again, the last of 2016 since on the 25th of next month we'll probably all be otherwise occupied!


For this card I've used the very last few snippets of a pad of papers and punch-out decoupage that was free with a magazine several years ago. In fact some of the snippets weren't even really big enough to make the layers I wanted, so I had to arrange them VERY carefully in order not to show the missing parts! But now the pad is completely used up, and isn't it satisfying to know that you have made 100% use of something (and were therefore fully justified in buying the magazine!).  The only element that didn't come from the pad is the adhesive foam snowflake border.

I'm sharing this with
Rudolph Day at Scrappymo's
Pixie's Snippets Playground

10 comments:

Linby said...

A lovely Christmas card Jane. I am always justifying!

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what a very wonderful card, and you definitly got your monies worth with using all those lovely snippets.
I like your idea that it justifies the price of the magazine.
Love that father Christmas image and you wonderful design.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. GD

Craftychris said...

Fabulous image and I love all the layers - fabulous card! xxx

Di said...

Oh Jane, what a fun card! I love it - and how great to actually finish off a paper pad/pack! I have so many unfinished ones here it's ridiculous.

Ha, I'll be lurking behind the shed with gin in a teapot - thereby covering both your wishes :)

Hugs

Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the image and papers-I don't think I have ever finished a paper pad completely-got quite a pile think I might have to donate some the the grandaughters school craft class-love the snowflake trim
Carol x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Jane and I really like the little buttons at the bottom, such great embellishments. Happy crafting, Sandra x

Joan said...

Cute card Jane and great use of your papers, I'm terrible at using up papers but always telling myself I should!

Joan

Kathleen said...

Great make and a huge well done on using a full paper pad, love the edges of the papers and the cute image.

Kath x

meg said...

Well done on using up the whole paper pad if your other cards were as cute as this one it was well worth it

scrappymo! said...

I am like you and like to use up the last bits of something. I also like to make cards from my stash!

Well done you! This is such a great card. I can imagine how you have "stretched" the pieces to create this card and appreciate the planning involved in doing so.

Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge.