Saturday 12 November 2016

Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers #72 Z is for Zentangle

For today's challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, Edna has picked the theme Z is for Zentangle.

 
Now, zentangle is something I've been meaning to try for a long time, so it was just the push I needed to have a go. I didn't have any suitable stamps with large open spaces, but I did have a sentiment in mind, from one of the Dylusions sentiment sheets. So I die cut a circle, roughly divided it into eighths and then, after lots of browsing around Pinterest, sat down with a bundle of different widths of black fine liner and spent a very relaxing evening doodling.

To tie the whole thing in with the sentiment, I used coloured pencils to colour in the segment I'd doodled rainbows in. I finished off the card with a hand doodled "stitched" border - wobbly, of course, to go with the lack of straight lines anywhere else!

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous tangling, Jane! Your card is a beauty, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

I love the way you went with this....colouring just the rainbows and the sentiment is perfect. Awesome job.

Donna said...

WOW
Jane!!! Your zentangle is amazing!!! Awesome job sistah!!

Lindsey said...

This is SO good! It's not something I will do very often, but Zentangling is kind of fun, isn't it?

Mimi said...

Very effective card! Love it!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Well done and I am impressed you called it relaxing. Great job.