Tuesday 22 November 2016

Snowman at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's my turn to choose the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz and this week we would like to see a snowman on your card.

I chose the theme because I had a snowman image I particularly wanted to use, however once I'd made the background I realised the image didn't look right with it so it was back to the drawing stamping board.


I made the background using a technique I've seen around a lot in blogland recently, double embossed foil. I swiped a Versamark pad over the "inny" side of the embossing folder, then embossed my piece of foil, then quickly threw pinches of embossing powder in dark and light blue, sparkle blue and clear hologram all over the foil and heat embossed it. I have to say it looks MUCH more effective in real life than in the photo!

I stamped the snowman - a very old but NBUS stamp from Dimension 4th - and coloured him with Promarkers and a hint of watercolour for the sky. The tag and sentiment are stamped with a magazine freebie set from a few years ago, with a Kaleidacolour stamp used for the sentiment to pick up the range of blues in the background. I used a staple to attach the ribbon because a staple adds a touch of "butchness" to what might otherwise be a rather girly bit of ribbon.

I am sharing this with
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes
Stamping Sensations - Christmas Greetings
Little Red Wagon - It's Embossable
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Christmas is Coming
CRAFT challenge - Christmas   

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Looks like a fun technique, Your card is super cute, love that snowman. Great design too.

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and like the sound of the technique
Carol x

Dora said...

Beautiful.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I'll have to give this technique a try. Thank you for joining us for this week's challenge at LRW!

Sheryl said...

This is a super card for a guy. Just perfect.
Thanks for sharing at CRAFT.
Hugs Sheryl DT members xx

brenda said...

A super creation for our Christmas theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thank for joining in.

B x

Marlies said...

A beautiful Christmas card. I like the background you made and the snowman is so sweet. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Foil Play said...

Great card and particularly gorgeous background, Jane!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at the Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

Helen x