Saturday 26 November 2016

Simple silver tree

I've been playing around with a technique that's new to me - stamping with a glue pad and then sprinkling the stamped image with glitter. I thought I'd better start off with a very simple silhouette image, so I used this old tree stamp from PSX. 



I like the effect - much more sparkle than any of my embossing powders give, and a much flatter finish than embossing, so it lends itself particularly well to a CAS style.  All I've added here is a simple silver mat and a peel off sentiment. If you've behind on Christmas card making this would be a super-speedy design to mass produce.

I am sharing it with

Mod Squad - Sparkle it up!
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Glitter  
Make My Monday - CAS Christmas 
Little Red Wagon - Sparkle and Shine
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Use a sentiment

Next I went on to use a more detailed stamp, an old unmounted one from my stash. I glittered it with silver, then stamped a sentiment and glittered that with purple glitter.


I then coloured in the bauble with two shades of purple - the dark purple of both the bauble and the sentiment glitter has come out far darker in the photo than it is in real life! I don't think I'll be combining the glue pad/glitter technique with colouring again - it took me far too long to clean the glitter off the tips of my pens!

I'm sharing this second card with
Crafty Creations Challenge - Christmas
Just Us Girls - photo inspiration



10 comments:

Sian said...

Great Card! I haven't tried this technique but it looks really effective. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian (DT).

Di said...

What a fabulous idea Jane! Love this and will make sure I try it out :) The tree is especially pretty.

Hugs

Di xx

Macimbalo said...

Such a gorgeous card Jane! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host.

Aileen said...

Beautiful pair of cards Jane. Love them.

Donna Schnees said...

I have not tried that technique, something to add to my to do list:) Love the ornament, purple and silver go well together!

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW that ornament card is pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Brenda said...

Not only are your cards sparkly and beautiful, the CAS makes it very easy to post. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are super sparkly! I do like the Christmas ornament. However, your perfectly CAS silver Christmas tree is just fabulous and a wonderful take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 309 - hope to see you again soon x

inkedx2 said...

Oh, I have never played with this technique either. Love the effect you got so I will have to give it a try. So glad you played with us at Make My Monday!

Robbie