Tuesday 15 November 2016

Run, run, as fast as you can.....

... you can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!

This week it's one layer week at Less is More and the theme is Books/Literature. Now I'm an avid reader, but as soon as anyone says to me "Think of a book title"  my mind goes totally blank. The only book that sprang to mind was "The Satanic Verses" and I absolutely promise you I have no suitable stash to represent that! A glance at my bookshelves didn't help, as we tend to pass fiction on to friends, family or charity shops after reading, so our shelves are full of titles like "Jamie's 30 Minute meals", "The Concise Oxford Dictionary" and "The RHS Encyclopaedia of Garden Plants". All titles I could probably do something with - but it wouldn't turn out to be CAS or one-layer.

Then I looked at the grandchildren's book shelf - yes! The Gingerbread Man (also One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish if you are still "fishing" around for an idea for this challenge. You can thank me later.)


My gingerbread man stamp is a Christmassy one, so he became a Christmas card. I stamped with memento ink and coloured him in with pencils, drawing in a face because there wasn't one on the stamp, then roughly masked him and stamped over and around using a Linda Luckin background stamp and Versamark ink. I gently brushed tiny amounts of  mica pearl powders in gold and green over the stamping to give an "out of focus Christmas tree" effect,  and added some dots of gold glitter glue.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Loving your process of finding a book title! And this is such a fab card. The dots of gold glitter glue around that cute gingerbread man look great, really sparkly and festive! Super approach to the challenge - thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ah! The grandchildrean's bookshelves are a wonderful source of inspiration, aren't they Jane. Love your card with it's free and arty background to that fab little gingerbread mans. Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More xx