Tuesday 30 January 2018

Black and silver

.. .when used together, are an absolute pain in the whatsit to photograph!


It took me many attempts to get this photo and I'm still not convinced I've actually got all the silver to look like silver!
The two background papers I used, holly leaves and Merry Christmas, are black with silver print and are very old ones from my stash. The topper is stamped with a Uniko stamp - it is all one stamp, stamped and heat embossed in silver.  I love all the little details and the songs  that so much of the text refers to - every time I use the stamp it makes me sing.
 
I'm sharing this with
 
Jingle Belles - Text me
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything goes/no sentiment  (I'm using the logic that although there's lots and lots of text, there's nothing that could count as a standalone sentiment)

6 comments:

Liz said...

Gorgeous card, Jane, very stylish. The silver looks fine on my screen, but I know what a nightmare it always is to photograph. xx

SmilynStef said...

Those song lyrics are fabulous ... and extra awesome in silver ... so glad you got texty with us at jingle belles.

Cara said...

Yep, I feel your pain with the photography! This card is stunning though, the black and silver looks great and isn't a colour scheme I would have thought to use with that stamp x

Barbara Godden said...

This is AWESOME love the sliver and black.

Crafting Queen said...

Great Christmas card!

lauren bergold said...

HA! yes!!! i sooooo hear you on the subject of photographing metallic! (& if you look at my JOY card with the gold transfers you will see that one side of my card is a completely different color of gold than the other AND i used natural light on a grey day! argh!) but i think you've done brilliantly (sorry no pun intended) here... and it's an amazing design all round! so happy you could get texty with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥