Thursday 25 January 2018

January Rudolph Day

Can you believe it's January 25th already and that means Christmas is a whole month ago? Hands up if you still have festive leftovers in the house? I think apart from some frozen stock made with the turkey carcase, ours is all gone now. And being the 25th, it is Rudolph Day at Scrappymo's, so here goes with my first Rudolph Day card of the year.

My iris folding kits are almost all finished - after this, I only have one blank left to use.


I chose cool blues and silver tones for this card, embellishing it in the good old fashioned way with peel offs which must be about as old as the iris folding kits themselves. With all that glitter in the candle it really doesn't need anything else!

I am also sharing this with Watercooler Wednesday - All about Christmas 

11 comments:

Kathyk said...

This is lovely, Jane

Kathyk

Linby said...

never used glitter paper for iris folding - it looks really lovely.

Swissie said...

Wonderful, Jane!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, lovely frosty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Jane, so absolutely beautiful in its precision and the colours you've used! I know how difficult iris folds are and I am in awe that you've manipulated it so seemingly effortlessly into the candle. Using your stash has certainly been rewarding. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Joan said...

Super card, well done on using up your stash too

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love the sparkle and those ancient peel offs don't look their age, but look great to frame the candle x

scrappymo! said...

Great idea to use the peel offs to finish up your card. It sets off that beautiful iris folded candlestick so well. I have never tried iris folds but my mother in law used to do these so i know how much work they are.
Thanks for playing along with the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh WOW Jane it is such a pleasure to see iris folding. One hardly ever sees it in blogland nowadays. When I started crafting I was fascinated by iris folding!! Your card took me down memory lane!!
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love your Rudolph days Jane. You're always so creative, and this week you've blessed us with another fantastic card. I love the Iris fold and this one with its blend of glimmer paper is simply awesome. Who knew a negative candle image could dress up that well. Thanks for sharing at the Watercooler Wednesday "All About Christmas" challenge this week!

Marsha Reed said...

Gorgeous iris fold card, Jane! Love it! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wedneday Challenge.