Sunday 7 January 2018

J is for.... at CD Sundays

It's our first challenge of 2018 at CD Sundays starting today, and our theme is J is for..... 

Well, of course J is for January, but what else does it stand for?

 
 
J is for JAGUAR. I had to do a bit of research to find out the difference between a jaguar and a leopard to make sure I got the right one, and apparently jaguars are indigenous to the South American continent and as this handsome beast from Pollyanna Pickering's CD "A Walk in the Wild" is surrounded by Mayan carvings, I knew I had the right cat.

The images and papers are all from the CD and there were enough to decorate the inside as well as the outside.

I am sharing this with
The Alphabet Challenge - use 3 of something (3 leaves, 3 pieces of Candi)
Just Us Girls - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Lisa Bird said...

I really love this card. Your design is just beautiful xx

Wynn said...

Great card Jane and it could be 'J for Jungle' too. I love how this handsome chap looks like he's hanging out of the frame....great image from a lovely CD Wynn xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, this is stunning Jane, a great card to cover the J theme.

Sue xx

Cara said...

Boo - I guessed J for jungle! Fabulous card though, love how you added the die cut leaves x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such a gorgeous image - I love how you have decorated the inside as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

Beautiful rich warm tones in the fantastic image love your layout and embellishments

Pamela said...

A beautiful looking beast Jane and I love your added 'Jungle' effect with the leaf diecuts.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Whoa - if you colored, that image it is amazing - I love that cat. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Jocelyn said...

What a handsome chap he is. Love your layout and choice of embellishments.
Jocelyn x

Carol said...

A great card Jane with such a majestic beast. Did you know that some Jaguars are black. I found this out watching a TV programme from Chester Zoo.
Love your Jungle leaf die.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Basslady said...

roar, this looks sooooo cool!


thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany
silvi xoxo

Bobby said...

I thought J was for Jungle too but that jaguar is one handsome fellow, Jane. Thanks for sharing him with us at Just Us Girls.