Wednesday 24 January 2018

The Winter Fairy

I'm not a great fairy lover, and have very few fairy stamps, but I do love this Bugaboo digi of a Christmas fairy, probably because it's more of a funky fairy than an ethereal one.

This time I've coloured her in lilac, blue and pink  and mounted her on lilac card that does actually match the colour on the image. (Don't you just hate these gloomy winter days when all photos need to be taken in electric light?).

The snowy background is stamped with a Uniko snowflake stamp and heat embossed in silver, the sentiment stamped with a stamp from the lovely Inkylicious set I won in the Playground and the border is made using a magazine freebie embossing folder (several years old and NBUS)

I am sharing this with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Fairies 
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - add a sentiment/anything goes
Winter Wonderland - Embossing, heat or dry

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Fab card, love the image and the lovely embossed border
Hugs Kaz xx

Barb said...

It's a really pretty card Jane. A very sweet image and I love the colours. The border is lovely too. Barbxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Jane, I love the gorgeous image you've used and the colours.

Sue xx

AlisonC said...

A fun, funky fairy. I like this design, it's simple but has lots of interest. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

Cara said...

A beautiful card and I love the embossed border x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is super, what agreat card, love the colours you have gone for, they are ace. Shes one of my fav fairies too as not too over the top, Thanks for playing on Winter Wonderland this fortnight, Love Hazelxx

Susan Renshaw said...

It is a funky fairy!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Liz McGuire, said...

Cool card, thanks for joining in the fun at Winter Wonderland, Liz x

Fabiola said...

Elle est adorable Jane, cette fée est trop chou, le design est très chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz