Sunday 7 January 2018

Shocking Pink!

I don't use a lot of pink, but the current Butterfly challenge is One Layer or Ultra Pink so I had a look through my inkpads and decided that Picked Raspberry Distress Ink is about as Ultra as a pink can get!


This card is just one layer although it looks like several - I used masking to create the effect.

First I cut a piece of card 1cm smaller all round than the blank, to use as a mask, and masked off the centre. Then I sponged the pink ink all around it and stamped with a selection of tiny butterflies (from a set I won in the Butterfly Challenge last year. When I removed the mask, I used a fine marker to add a black edge to the inside of the frame.

Next I used scrap paper to mask off all but a rectangle in the centre of the card, and filled it in with sponged pink and grey inks. Once I'd removed all the masking, I used stamps from two old Kanban sets to add the flower silhouettes and butterfly.

I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - One Layer and the colour Ultra Pink 
Country View Challenge - Anything Goes
Mix it Up - Anything Goes & Masking
Inkspirational - Stamping Only

10 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Jane, I love the layered look.

Sue xx

Sue - said...

Very effective masking! Love the bright pink and the silhouetted flowers.

Cara said...

Wonderful masking, it really looks layered up x

Swissie said...

A wonderful card, Jane!
Hugs, Liv

terrie said...

Your card is perfect for the silhouette of your image.....well done and thanks for doing the challenge.

Gail said...

So very pretty - clever use of masking and shading.

Marina said...

Amazing illusion of layering and a beautiful pink card. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

Unknown said...

Love the pink to brown....very delicate!

Teresa said...

Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge this month at Country View Challenges - good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT

maria f. said...

A beautiful creation and a masterpiece in masking.