Monday 8 January 2018

Rhapsody in Blue

I was so pleased with this card that I just had to make another masked-border card straight away!


This time I inked the border with a pale blue ink and stamped musical symbols (from a Kanban set) with a darker blue. To keep the card CAS, all I added to the central white space was a die cut music score cut with the Memory Box Music Party die, one of my most often-used dies. I kept the centres of all the "open" notes in place with a dab of glue, again to keep it as CAS as possible. In real life, the die cut is a much brighter blue than it looks, a pretty close match to the darker blue stamping.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Music 
Dies R Us - Anything goes (using a brand of die they stock)
Make My Monday - Blue and white

16 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful and BRILLIANT!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us! Good Luck and Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

anja curvers said...

Such a great and beautiful card love it. Thank you for joining us over at ATCAS.

Dotty Jo said...

Love the classy simplicity of this one, Jane! Jo x

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, such a super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

meg said...

Great diecut and musical backing paper, love the shades of blue you used to create it. Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday

Liz said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Jane, beautiful colours. I love this die, it's one you enabled me to buy. ;-) xx

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! I'm taking notes (yep, that was intended) for my next one-layer card...

Margarets designer cards said...

This is a lovely card, simple but really effective, and elegant

Cara said...

A great looking card, love the stamped background x

Claire Toplis said...

Gorgeous card , loving it.

Sherri said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the stamped background with the music note die cut! Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes DRU" challenge at Dies R Us!

laurie said...

Awesome card..love the music notes!Thanks for playing along at the Dies R Us Challenge, so happy to have you join us!

sweetpea said...

Great CAS card, thanks for sharing it with us at MMM challenge Janet DT

Cazro said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

Bobby said...

Wonderful music card, Jane. I love the added color in the border. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Simply Gorgeous..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal