Saturday 7 November 2015

A blingin' Christmas

Recently I've been playing around with Ranger's new Sticky Embossing Powder. I've had some great results when using it with foils, but today I decided to try it with glitter. I find it's a but like a distress embossing powder, in that it gives a slightly patchy result which I'm sure is intentional and creates some interesting effects which are never exactly the same twice over. Because of this patchiness, I like to stamp with a matching ink (or a contrasting one that will emphasise the patchiness, if I'm looking for a distressed effect).

This time I stamped the tree image (a very old magazine freebie) in silver and sprinkled silver ultra fine glitter over while the embossing was still warm.

I'd intended making a very CAS card, but I thought the tree need a bit of something else.... then a bit of something more..... and ended up blinging the whole thing up! I do adore that gem border, which I have to confess is a ready-made one that I just had to peel off and stick on the background.


I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Bright or Sparkly colours (sparkly, obvs!)
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Oh Christmas Tree
Inkspirational Challenges - Anything goes with silver
Craft Rocket Challenges - pearls/gems
Allsorts challenge - Ribbons and Bows    

11 comments:

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Wow, so sparkly, I love it! Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Stampsnob. said...

This is striking............ so eloquent TFS LIs Craft Rocket Challenges DT

Lena said...

Love Thank you for playing along with us at CCAYR.
Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations
all the sparkle and shine.

Mervi said...

Fabulous and festive card.
Thank you for sharing at my theme "ribbons and bow" over at Allsorts.
Good luck;-))m

Shauna said...

What a fantastic holiday card! Great embossed tree and a fun use of the foil! I love black and silver cards... they always look so elegant! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Stampsnob. said...

Stunning card Love the sparkle TFS Lis DT Craft Rocket Challenges

McCrafty's Cards said...

So beautiful, Thank you for joining in with us at Allsorts this week, Good Luck
Kevin xx

Monika Reeck said...

oh woooww so Bling and so glanz
lovely ribbon
adorable sticker in that mirror effect Jane
luv this one

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 254 and CCAYR November challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

Marina said...

I like the fact you blinged it up - really ornate and festive. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina