Sunday 8 November 2015

Chloe stem

The Chloe Stem die from Memory Box is one of my favourite dies. It seems to work in almost any combination of colours and textures of card, soft and muted for a sympathy card, bold and bright for a birthday. I tend to use it in a very CAS way, and yet I've seen it effectively used in shabby chic cards with masses of ribbon, lace and frills.

Today I've used flame-bright colours from my snippets box - red, orange and yellow, and teamed it with a scrap of white card embossed with an Embossalicious folder, torn and lightly inked at the edges.

I gathered the stems together with a scrap of orange ribbon - NOT the dayglow acid orange that it appears to be in the photo, it's actually exactly the same shade of orange as the orange card. So much for the camera never lying....


I'm sharing this with

Less is More - fire colours
Glitter and Sparkle - use some red
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 202
Addicted to Stamps and More - Clean And Simple   

15 comments:

Ankie vd Polder said...

Lovely fire you've made. Have a nice day, Ankie

Zoechaos said...

You say you find CAS a challenge but no one would ever know you make it look effortless. XOXO Zoe

Galina Varese said...

Versatile die, which works in many styles. Lovely card, Jane!

Kathyk said...

A lovely take on the theme

Kathyk

Di said...

Oh this is lovely Jane - and using on of my favourite dies too! So versatile indeed.

Giggled here about masking the meeces tails if you won in the Playground :) They are a tad fiddly but not as bad as I'd imagined - else mine would also have been without tails for sure!

Sorry I'm a bit late commenting!

Hugs

Di xx

Rahmat said...

What a gorgeous beauty, I absolutely love it, thanks for playing with us at ATSM.

Sarn said...

FAB card . . . Chloe Stem is one of my fave dies too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a great way to use those fiery colours Jane and in the chloe stem ... it looks awesome!
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Elaine said...

Beautiful and fiery!

Chrissie said...

I love this die... it looks great in those super fiery colours too Jane!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sue - said...

Hi Jane. Love how you've used the die, very effective!

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love this DIES
I dont have it
and I love your color combo too
lovely layout Jane
great made

Anne said...

Lovely card Jane - I think this die is fab too!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

A fabulous die and what a great way to use these colours.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM, Anita x

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for joining in Glitter N Sparkle Blog Challenge xx DT Sarahjayne xx