Monday 2 November 2015

A visit to the tool shed

It's a stash challenge at The Male Room this fortnight, and we have been asked to use hardware, such as brads, eyelets and charms. That means I had a chance to use some of my very favourite brads (apart from my beloved dragonflies) - screw-headed ones. They go perfectly with wood-effect card and paper, and this time I used them with some Kanban card printed to look like a row of planks - perfect for a tool shed wall. I cut off one plank to "screw" to the wall, and added a peel-off birthday greeting to it. I didn't have a black one the right size or style, so I coloured a gold one with a Promarker (Promarkers take a bit longer to dry than the peel-off pens we used to have when peel-offs were at their height of popularity, but give then 5 minutes and they do a great job).  I added eyelets for the corners, mainly because the legs of my brads were too long for the look I wanted to achieve.

The tools and toolbox are images from DeeDees Digis "Tool Time" set, sized, printed and fussy cut. Mind you when it came to the tiny spaces under the tool box handle I really regretted my decision to fussy cut them, but I've stopped swearing now.


4 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous masculine card! It was certainly worth the fussy cutting. I love the wood panelled background and the screw brads are just perfect. xx

Mac Mable said...

Very masculine card, loving the rivets/brads and the layout is gorgeous. The tool box pops against the fabulous wood background x

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I love the wood planks and the way you've "screwed" the sentiment to the card. Love the toolbox image. Thanks so much for playing along with our Hardware challenge at The Male Room this week!

Martha Herrera said...

Oh, I love your card! where do you purchase the eyelets that it holding the Happy Birthday sign? I need to get some.
Thanks.,