Monday 2 November 2015

Roses grow on you...

Does anybody remember the "Roses grow on you" TV ads? As I as cutting out the papers for this card I suddenly remembered them - must be at least 40 years since they were aired! And they are absolutely nothing to do with this card.....

For this, I used several papers from a booklet of Raspberry Road booklet that was free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine back in 2012 (no, I don't have a photographic memory, it says that on the back.) I  stamped an Anna Griffin sentiment on one of the papers, cut out lots of layers and distressed the edges, fussy cut some roses from one of the papers, and then went to town with layers,  lacey doileys, ribbons, buttons, bows flowers and pearls. When I veer away from CAS, I veer a l-o-n-g way from it!



I'm sharing this with:

Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Shabby Chic
Cardz 4 Galz - Buttons and Bows
Make my Monday - Shabby Chic
Creative Card Crew - Off the Edge
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Pearls and/or Lace     

8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

So beautiful Jane. Loving the cheerful colours and flowers.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Liz said...

It certainly is a long way from CAS, but just as beautiful. Lovely card to brighten up the dull and gloomy day here. xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

So beautiful - the colors are so enchanting and colorful. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Kimbo said...

Love the layers on this Jane, such depth

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Galz this week x

Maryvonne Coussé said...

Beautiful card !
Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges and good luck
MARYVONNE DT Member

Cazro said...

A beautiful card, with lots of interesting embellishments. Thanks for joining in the fun at Make My Monday Caz DT

Fliss said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Make My Monday.
Fliss x