Saturday 7 November 2015

Things With Wings at Twofers

It's time for our new challenge at Twofers, and this time we would like to see your makes showing Things With Wings  - and remember we want to see some stamping on your work, and no digis. There is a prize of a $20 Alleystamps voucher for our favourite!

Our wonderful sponsor

As you know, I love dragonflies so that was my obvious choice for this fortnight's challenge. And thanks to this super video posted to You Tube by the gorgeous Craftynotshifty (if you're not following her all over social media, you're missing out!) I was inspired to come back to a technique I haven't used for years - embossed resist. (Now you may be thinking, hang on, she used it only a few days ago - but actually I'd already made this card and scheduled the post before I used it on the snowflake card..... since trying it again I've got hooked!)

I watercoloured the background first, then stamped and embossed the dragonfly and sentiment using Versamark ink and clear powder, then rubbed Onyx Black Versafine ink all over, wiping the stamped images with a tissue to remove any ink clinging to it.

The background paper was from an old magazine freebie pad.



I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - Z is for Zigzags  because of all those  zigzag stripes in the backing paper
and my dragonfly is playing at being a butterfly because Mrs A says that's OK
Just us Girls -  word week Stripes again because of the backing paper

8 comments:

Claudia's kaartjes said...


Wow, stunning card. Thanks for joining us at The Butterfly Challenge

Hugs
Claudia
GT The Butterfly Challenge
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be/

Christi Conley said...

Love this card - but you knew that - it's so colorful and that sentiment!! My birthday is in June, so feel free to save it to send to me :) Hugs! xoxoxo

Zoechaos said...

A feast of colour fabulous stamping (and yes you did get the source right!) love this card XOXO

Ina G said...

Lots of colour and stripes here. Great effect and yes you sure do love dragonflies. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls.

Mrs A. said...

Jane your dragonfly is gorgeous. I have been waiting for him to put in an appearance. Love these vibrant colours and the freebie backing paper was a super find. Thankyou for fluttering by #42. Hugs Mrs A.

Nancy said...

What a gorgeous dragon fly! Such a wonderful card! Love the bold stripes too! So glad you joined us over at Just Us Girls for Word Week!

Monika Reeck said...

cool effect with versamark Ink Jane
I never try this
and your stripes is so happy color
will join soon at Twofers
thanks for the hint
awesome card Jane
hugs
Monika

Greta said...

I haven't done the version of resist covering with black ink in a long time, but you make me want to do it again! Lovely card, Jane!