Monday 9 November 2015

Black and Gorjuss

When I saw that this week's challenge at Cardz 4 Galz is For a Teenager I wasn't sure what approach to take. Having two grown up daughters myself, I know that teenage girls can be very unpredictable. At certain parts of their teens, you don't know whether they will get up each morning (or afternoon, depending on whether it's a school day) in the mood to be a cute little girl, a smart young lady or a kohl-eyed goth. Emma and Fiona, if you are reading this, your turn will come when your own daughters reach that stage!

Then I went to visit a friend who produced a gift for me - a pack of 48 sheets of Gorjuss papers and decoupage. (She isn't a crafter herself so was bemused when I opened the pack and immediately started stroking the papers - please tell me I'm not  the only one who does that!). I knew straight away that it would be perfect for the challenge - whichever mood the teenager would be in on her birthday, the card would be right for it.

I've used paper and decoupage from the kit with lots of black card - the border is punched, the leaf sprays are die cut with Spellbinders Sprigs and the roses are made with die cut spirals. And of course somebody came to the door just as I finished winding each spiral and was about to glue it down.

2 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous teenager card. The layout, the colours and the papers are beautiful..what a kind friend you've got x Love the black sprigs and the black roses too and Yep you can count on someone knocking at the door at the wrong time...beautiful card x

Monika Reeck said...

the image too sweeett
and great coloring
lovely layout and love all the embellishment Jane
I write in the office thats why I do so fast and not write too much
hugs
Mlonika