Saturday 21 November 2015

Music at Twofers

Today we have a new challenge at Twofers, and this time I have chosen the theme which is Music. We'd like to see your card - or any other craft project - with a musical theme, bearing in mind that it MUST include some stamping somewhere and MUST NOT use any digital images.

I'm afraid I can't remember the name of this wonderful stamp set, which includes both the main image and the quotation. The embossed layer uses a Darice embossing folder - I accidentally tore part of it while distressing the edges, and liked the "ancient manuscript" look that it gave so much that I went on to make several random deliberate tears in it. The other layer is a DCWV textured paper, torn and then very lightly inked with distress ink so that only the raised area picked up the ink.


 
We'd love it if you would head over to Twofers and take a look at what the other DT members, Zoe and Christi, have made - and of course share your own work with us for the chance of a prize!
 
I'm sharing this with Just add ink - Just add music.
 
I'm  also sharing this at The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers where the theme is Yodeleyhiyoooo  Yoddelllayiheee Music.  I know, I know, there's no snark on the card, the snark is in the history behind the image. Beethoven was notoriously a foul tempered man who would fly into a rage for little or no reason - he once threw a plate of food at a waiter because he didn't like the service, and his strops with audiences were worthy of Justin Bieber. I suppose anybody would feel snarky if their passion was music and they went totally deaf! He also had incredibly high expectations of  other people - as I know from personal experience. No, I never met him, I'm not that old, but I did once perform the choral movement of the 9th symphony in a big choir, and  some of the things he expected the human voice to tackle were incredibly tough. Altos sing top A? OK, you've managed that..... now lets see just how many bars you can hold it for......
 

6 comments:

Jan said...

This is fabulous Jane! I love the layers of colour and texture. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Lindsey said...

This is so very good! The layers are perfect, and what an awesome stamp set! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

KimB said...

Love your mix of music elements Jane. The torn up and distressed embossed panel really suits the old style stamped image. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Donna said...

Fab card Jane! Glad I am not the only one who can't spell yodelayehooo (or whatever)
Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "Y is for yodelllaayyyeeeehoooooo" challenge!

Tina said...

What an awesome embossing folder! Perfect for a music theme. Thanks for sharing your fab card with us at Just Add Ink.

Barbara Godden said...

fabulous card, great stamp and folder thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky stampers.