Tuesday 10 November 2015

More than one fold at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week it's my turn to choose the challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz, and the theme I have chosen is MORE THAN ONE FOLD. I think it's a great theme for masculine cards, as men seem to like a bit of "engineering" in their cards - the sort of thing that makes them sit there opening and closing it and trying to work out how you made it!

For my card, I've turned to some of my favourite masculine papers, the docrafts Heritage Press range, plus a die cut  decoupage from the same range, and made them into a shutter card. I use a Hougie board for accurate folding - it always amazes me how easy fancy-fold cards are when I use it!

I chose a red striped shirting fabric paper as the main paper - this always makes me think of a "something in the city" type who probably wears his shirt underneath a pair of red braces! (Or am I getting mixed up with Santa Claus?). Because the  DL size of the finished card reminds me of a shirt sleeve, I trimmed the bottom corner with three buttons, reminiscent of a shirt cuff, but kept the rest of the  red striped area uncluttered, as a man's shirt would be.

The sentiment on the front is an area of one of the papers, highlighted by covering a cardboard slide mount (do you remember when they were a major crafting THING about 15 years ago?)  with yet more paper from the pack. I've coordinated the two inner panels with the slide mount.


4 comments:

Barb said...

A super fun guyz card Jane. A very interesting shaped card. Barbxx

Mac Mable said...

A very classy and clever card. Love the colours and the stripe paper for the 'shirt' is so perfect. The attention to detail is fabulous x

Sarn said...

What a great masculine card. Brilliant shape.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Monika Reeck said...

looks complicated for me
but you made it so easy
GREAT MANLY card as always Jane
so many idea inside it
hugs
Monika