Friday 20 November 2015

Blueprint for a town

Today I've been playing with some of the gorgeous reversible papers from the Graphic 45 12 x 12 pad, Artisan Style. These are the sort of papers that seem to be too beautiful to use, and yet are so wonderful to handle and create with that once you start, you just can't stop.

The rows of buildings were fussy cut from one of the sheets and layered up with the half row less raised than the full one, with the reverse of the same sheet being used for the bottom layer of backing. The upper background paper is from a sheet representing architectural blueprints in art deco style, as is the black swirl in the bottom corner. And the sentiment and its layering are cut from snippets of other sheets, left over from a different project.



I'm playing along with this week's challenge at Make My Monday, as the theme is Architecture.

7 comments:

Linby said...

If it's one thing I love next to fashion - it's architecture - why haven't I noticed this pad before? You've done well to cut into it and the card you've made is just fab.
Lynn x

Marina said...

Great dimensional look - the dark background makes the buildings stand out - and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Shawna said...

This is absolutely AMAZING... I was checking out the paper and saw what you did with the buildings and I must say it is genius!! The layering is so well done and just love the architectural detail on the lower right.. It just anchors the entire design together!!! The sentiment you used is fitting and your color choice is perfect!!! This card is so artfully done and it was a pleasure to see this card.. thank you so much for joining us at MMM.. I am looking forward to more of you amazing designs as I am now your newest follower!! Seriously awesome work!!
All the best,
Shawna DT

Shawna said...

ha I am already a follower!!

Mac Mable said...

Love the idea of layering the paper, so effective. Very creative and very striking card x

Cazro said...

Fabulous design Jane. I think this is amazing, such detail. Love it. Thanks for joining us at MMM. Caz

Fliss said...

This is really stunning Jane! You've made such a beautiful detailed design from the papers and it looks amazing.
Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday.
Fliss x