Sunday 1 November 2015

All you need is love!

The trouble with this super stamp from Clarity Stamps is that every time I use it, I get an ear-worm (a song stuck in my head) that lasts for DAYS. And there are no prizes for guessing which song it is!

The trouble is, it's such a useful stamp, especially with several Beatles fans in the family, so it's a song I end up singing quite a lot. I often team it with dark colours to give it a masculine look, but this time I've gone for a 60s style psychedelic effect, blending colours of Promarkers on the letters and teaming it with a snippet of brightly coloured patterned vellum that's been lurking in my snippets box for years and years, and a flower-power effect heart shaped button.


I am sharing this with

CAS-ology - Heart
Crafty Creations Challenges - Colourful
Pixies Snippets Playground - week 201
The Crafters CafĂ© - Inspired by a Song  

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

Even before I saw the '60s' sentiment, I got a groovy vibe from this card! Love the bright fun colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Di said...

Wow Jane, what a stunner! LOVE how well the button matches the image - or is it the other way round? Either way, a terrific card!

Hugs

Di xx

Hettie said...

All you need is.....nothing Honey!! This card is just gorgeous. I clocked the button straightaway, but I do like a pretty button you know!!
Hugs
xx

Joyce said...

Fabulous card, and I really love how you went all 60s and psychedelic. This is such a fun card, and I love how that sentiment just fills up the entire heart. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow this is so bright and eyecatching ...love it ! but not the 'earworm' because I now have that blasted tune stuck in my head! :)x

Sarn said...

FAB Card . . . but I'm not sure about all the ear worms and beetles you mention . . .have you been digging around in the Playground Learning Garden again?

Never mind . . . come and have a party with us behind the bike sheds on Thursday night.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Anna-Karin said...

Lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. DT Anna-Karin

cass said...

Fun, great song, great design. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Inspired by a Song" challenge.