Sunday 8 November 2015

Ruth's budgie

When I was a little girl, my friend Ruth had a budgie  that she was teaching to talk. Its favourite phrase was "Diana has gone to Newcastle" as Ruth's big sister had gone away to University there. To surprise her when she came home for Christmas, Ruth tried to teach the budgie two new phrases, "A merry Christmas" and "Would you like some Christmas pudding?". But the bird got confused and started to say "A merry Christmas pudding!" - a phrase that it then went on to repeat over and over again, even in the middle of summer.

I always think of that budgie when I use this Christmas pudding stamp, a clear unmounted one  that I've had for many years and can't remember the origin of. Today I've made a card for Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding at Jingle Belles - I  stamped and embossed it in gold and teamed it with a piece of Christmas pudding paper, which I think came from Craftwork Cards, and a scrap of spotty ribbon to echo the spots on the paper. The cream on the pudding is Liquid Pearls and the holly berries tiny gems.


2 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, i love the card even more now that i know the awesome story!!! what a fun & fab holiday card--totally in love with the xmas pudding paper, it's brilliant! thanks for joining our "figgy pudding" fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Monika Reeck said...

the DP is so cute
your embossing in GOLD is Stunning
adorable card again Jane