Sunday 15 November 2015

A thank you card

It's coming up to Thanksgiving time in the USA, and that means there are lots of challenges around at the moment with "Thank you" related themes.

Here in the UK, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so I've made a generic thank you card. I picked this pretty butterfly card out of my snippets box - it's embossed, glittered and very tactile - and then found snippets of various colours of card to match the colours in the design.

The sentiment is cut with a Die-Versions die and the plain and fancy ovals with Spellbinders, all using the Grand Calibur. The words are backed with Stick-it - do any of you find the adhesive isn't terribly strong? You can see how the word "thank" slipped slightly while I was taking the photo - I've now straightened it and stuck it down more firmly!

I added some pretty ribbon and hand-doodled the border using a sparkly gel pen, although the sparkle doesn't show in the photo, and finished off with tiny butterflies punched from the very last scraps of coloured card.



I'm sharing this with

Cuttlebugmania - Thank You
Crafty Creations Challenges - Give Thanks
Crafty Gals Corner - Thank You or Thankful
Make my Monday - Many Thanks
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 203
Glitter and Sparkle - Add a Die    

8 comments:

Sarn said...

SUPER fun and funky thank you card.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

What a happy thank you card Jane! Such pretty colours and a lovely design too.

I'm with you about the Stick-It adhesion properties, I think the packaging actually says that it's moveable when first stuck onto things but then with firm pressure, and waiting a little while, it 'sets' more firmly. I do find it great for the intricacy of words but if (say) I layer up three word die cuts for dimension then I usually add some glue pen to the very first layer rather then Stick It. And, much as I love the stuff, it can work out expensive if you use it for anything other than intricate dies - tee, hee - and I trumpeted its virtues over in the Playground didn't I?!

Hope all is well with you - I'm spending a fair old bit of time blog hopping and want to catch up on your brilliant recipes and Mark's really great blog too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Reeck said...

so sweett
love that bright DP and I have that tiny butterfly punchder too
and lovely frame for your thank you sentiment
this is not your style but I love this
what a happy and bright Card Jane
are you ok
long time not seen you on my Blog
miss you Jane
hugs
Monika

Barb said...

A lovely card to say Thank You. Barbxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A gorgeous card love everything about it. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations challenge. Marlene DT

Liz said...

A lovely, fun, bright card - perfect to brighten up this dull and dismal day. xx

Lena said...

Such a happy and bright card :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena - DT
Lena’s Creations

Kimbo said...

I love this Jane, so colourful and the little butterlies are cute

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x