Friday 20 November 2015

A hand made background

For this card, I had a go at making my own background paper. I used a very old  red rubber unmounted stamp - a small background stamp, about 8cm x 10cm, and used Memento ink to stamp it over plain white paper, using a stamp positioner to make sure it lined up exactly. If it had been a clear stamp I could probably have done it by eye.

Then I coloured it all in, using Promarkers.



At this point, after all that colouring, it dawned on me that as I was planning to cover part of it with an image, I didn't really need to have coloured the whole lot. Oh well, as the purveyors of adult colouring books have found, colouring in really is very relaxing and therapeutic!

The image I chose to top it with is a Crafty Individuals one, I think - again, I've had it for so long I might have mis-remembered, but it's very much their style. In real life, the shades of green and pink card are a very close match to the background.


I'm sharing this with

Butterfly challenge - Q is for Quadruple  (4 images, 4 candi)
Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes
Mod Squad - Pattern your paper

7 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I love that green promarker colour. It's my favourite to use. I'm on my second one already. Did you also think o cut out a smaller square from the patterned piece to save for another project. Certainly looks like a Crafty Individuals stamp to me and is a great way of getting the required number of elements on our card. Thankyou for fluttering by # 43. Hugs Mrs A.

Linby said...

You must have a lot of patience to line this up and stamp it - very, very effective, love the colour choice too.
Lynn x

Liz said...

What a good way to make your own background. Great card, Jane. xx

Tina Z. said...

I admire the background and your precise work. Color combination is perfect .
Thank you for joining us on Butterfly Challenge.
Tina, GD on Butterfly Challenge

Di said...

Stunning Jane! I adore the background you made and you had the fun of the colouring as you say :) Beautiful take on the theme for Mrs A's challenge too!

Hugs

Di xx

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, my, what a beautiful background here. I love your idea of coloring in the background stamp. Looks labor intensive, but also therapeutic as you have said. Very pretty colors, and your focal goes with the background perfectly!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Unknown said...

Such a stunning background and a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT