Saturday 3 February 2018

Band of butterflies

I made this card using a lovely Fiskars border stamp that had never seen ink before.



I wanted to get a crimson colour but I didn't want to emboss it, and I didn't have the right shade so I stamped the design once in a very bright red then again in Aged Mahogany distress ink (thank goodness for stamping platforms that enable us to do such things!). I added a gingham ribbon border and mounted it as a panel on my card, on which I had used the same two-pad stamping to add the sentiment.

It all looked just a tiny bit TOO CAS so I added a couple of punched butterflies as a finishing touch.

I'm sharing this with
Butterfly Challenge - Spin the wheel (no prizes for guessing I chose Crimson and Checks!)
A Bit More Time To Craft - anything goes
Sweet Stampin' - Anything but a birthday
Mix it Up - Anything goes + Clean and Simple

5 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Jane. Love the red gingham ribbon and your fab stamping. Truly gorgeous hun. A really lovely entry for our 'Anything But a Birthday Card' challenge at Sweet Stampin'. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card in our challenge this week and come back to play again soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Jane, I love the red and white combination - a beautiful card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

Now silly as it sounds I have never thought of doing that with the stamping to get the shade of colour. Der!!! It has worked a treat here and that border is gorgeous and I didn't know that Fiskrs did stamps neither!!! Double Der. Thankyou for spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Cara said...

I'm pleased that gorgeous stamp finally saw ink (and two colours at that!) as you've made a fantastic card x

create.365 said...

so pretty -love the ribbon and 3D butterfly details! Thanks for joining us at the MIUCB this month!