Tuesday 6 February 2018

Paper pieced roses

I don't often stamp onto patterned paper because colouring the images in can be rather hit and miss, with the background changing the colour that you use. However when you "colour" the images by paper piecing, that isn't an issue.


I made this card entirely from snippets of patterned paper, stamping the lovely rose-and-butterfly image onto all except the larger piece of orange, which I used for matting. Uning the text print as the background layer, I then cut out all the elements from the appropriate coloured papers and attached them, the larger pieces with Sticki dots and the more delicate ones with a Quickie glue pen. Incidentally I don't think I'd realised what detailed fussy cutting I'd let myself in for when I chose to paper piece this - some of that greenery was pretty challenging.

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 319 
The Flower Challenge - Paper piecing

Stamping Sensations - Anything with Flowers

14 comments:

Viv said...

Lovely snippets make! The butterfly really pops from the page. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations

Di said...

Oh wow - that really was intricate cutting work. A gorgeous card Jane - well done that lady!

Hugs

Di xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card!!!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jane, pretty paper pieced roses.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Stunning paper piecing Jane, that stamp really has come to life with the pretty coloured papers, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Christi Conley said...

So beautiful Jane! I bet that greenery was challenging! I could never do all that - it is truly stunning! xxxooo Christi

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome detail cutting, it's beautiful I love that stamp and your choice of patterned paper for the roses if fabulous. great design ~~ let me just say I LOVE it.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous card, your fussy cutting is amazing, especially on the leaves of those lovely flowers.
The Paper Piecing technique allows us to use all of those hoarded pieces of pattern paper we don't know what to do with.
Thank you for sharing with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, we hope you come and play again soon.
Hugs.

Darnell said...

I can see that this would be very challenging, Jane, but it is so worth it! It is a winner in my eyes! A truly gorgeous card!! Hugs, Darnell

Cara said...

This is stunning and I'm so impressed at your fussy cutting of the foliage xxx

Mrs A. said...

I was just linking a card up to Stamping Sensations and spotted your entry. don't know how I managed to miss this one. Gosh you were indeed a glutten for punishment with all that paper piecing. Fancy doing some more!!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Dora said...

Beautiful
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month

Aileen said...

Wow this looks stunning, I have this stamp and it never crossed my mind to use it, so much detail. Looks amazing. Thank you so much for joing us at The Flower Challenge Aileen DT

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful job with the paper piecing here!