Thursday 22 February 2018

Glittery Kimono

Here it is folks, absolutely the last of my Iris folding cards. The card blanks and folding strips are all used up, the instruction leaflets and paper scraps discarded  - I'm not committing myself to NEVER doing any again but when I do I'll be cutting my own apertures and strips as and when I need them, not hoarding pre-cut ones for years or decades.


To be fair though, I got the original kits long before a die cutting machine was part of a crafter's essential kit - and I got the peel-offs I've used here at about the same time.

Since this style of kimono is a very masculine one, I chose strong masculine colours for the glitter papers and peel-offs but softened the effect with ornate corners rather than squared-off Oriental ones.

I am sharing this with

Use Your Stuff - Twinkle twinkle

Watercooler Wednesday - Masculine anything goes

http://watercoolerchallenges.blogspot.com/  

9 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Super card, Jane. Really clever, Jo x

Helen Whitehead said...

Very pretty iris folding. Good idea to try your own design next time now you have it down to an art :)

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jane I love looking at the Iris Fold, I find it fascinating and I marvel at the skill it takes to create such a beautiful and precise card image. You've really combined strong masculine colours for the kimono sections and the addition of the stickers in the card face is a really nice touch. Thanks so much for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday "Masculine" Anything Goes Challenge this week.

Cara said...

Fantastic card, I love those sparkly iris papers x

vaiybora said...

Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

Animation

Chris C said...

What a beautiful kimono! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

Tina Campbell said...

WOW that is awesome so much glittery texture and sparkly too :) Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.
Tina-DT

Heidi Weaver said...

Jane, you have really done justice to that set of iris folding strips and card blanks. I love the way this kimona turned out so masculine in nature and the way you've added the peel-offs and that gorgeous ornate frame. Iris folds make such a strong statement and this one takes my breath away. Wonderful precision and layout! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Gail said...

I so admire anyone who can do iris folding! My clumsy fingers just can't manage. Love the masculine colours, the frame and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.