Sunday 11 February 2018

Yet more hearts

It's Valentine's week so I suppose I'd better make a few romantic  looking cards!


First of all, here are the cards I've made for the latest Twofer challenge.


The stamp I've used is an unmounted one that came in a RAK many years ago.  It says "Third Coast" on the back so I presume that's the manufacturer. For the first card, I used Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to stamp it randomly over the pink card and heat emboss it, then added a sentiment stamped on vellum and held in place with glue dots behind the heart shaped pearls.

For the second I heat embossed in black on red then attached it to a panel of Bazzill embossed card. The finishing touches are some ribbon from an NBUS reel (odd how the stuff with hearts on tends not to get used in this house!) and a peel-off sentiment from La Pashe. 

Now a closer look at the cards on their own


I'm sharing this one with

Sweet Stampin - Girly 


And I'm sharing this with

Allsorts - Love is in the air

AAA - All you need is Love

  

17 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

That is a great stamp and it looks so different on both cards. I love the ribbon and the design you used with it. Fantastic cards for this challenge.

Dotty Jo said...

Perfect for the two-fer challenge! The stamp looks completely different on each card, Jo x

Darnell said...

Those sketchy floral stamps are all the rage right now so this old stamp is new again, Jane! I love that you stamped with Versamark and clear-embossed the hearts to make your background. That was one of the first techniques I remember doing - just stamping an image using nothing but the Versamark ink, without the embossing. Thank you for reminding me how much I love that look! And your anniversary card is so awesome, I don't know where to start! I love the texture of the card base, then the texture of the embossed swirls which mimic the swirls inside the heart, then the popped-up pretty heart, and finally, the heart-ribbon-borders of the sediment ... all of it makes for a really lovely design! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #2!! Hugs, Darnell

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful heart cards, love the stamp

Cara said...

Your pretty heart stamp has made two gorgeous cards. I can't decide which one I prefer x

Happy Dance said...

Such a sweet heart stamp! I do love those swirls tucked inside. Very pretty cards! Thank you so much for joining us at the Twofer Challenge. Bev

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful swirly heart designs. I especially love it on the last one and how you paired the embossed background with swirls too.

Wendy L said...

These are so beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Chris said...

Lovely stamp, your design is beautiful, very pink and girly! Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

brenda said...

Two really elegant creations for our 'Love is in the Air' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Barb said...

A lovely heart Jane. Two great cards for the twofer challenge. Barbxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Jane,
what super Twofer designs.
They both are so wonderfully created and such fab hearts too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

MaryH said...

Love the pink and textured embossing of #1. This image looks so different with the treatment you've used on #2 with the red & black. Love the swirly embossed background, and the heart design on the ribbon borders! TFS

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty CAS cards. Thank you for sharing your talent with us in the Sweet Stampin' Girly Challenge!

Ceal said...

Gorgeous valentines, Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

LucieGCards said...

Both your cards are gorgeous! Love how you used that heart stamp! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Kathyk said...

Woo Hoo! These are all lovely, Jane

Kathyk