Friday 23 February 2018

Clarice Cliff Style Cottage

I love the artwork and pottery of Clarice Cliff, so it's no wonder I adore this set of Woodware stamps designed by Francoise Read and very much in the style of Clarice Cliff's work.


Sometimes I colour in the image in the rather offbeat colours that Cliff occasionally used - a whole landscape in shades of purple and orange, for instance, but for this new home card I've kept to more conventional ones. The corners and the sentiment are from the same stamp set and I've ruled a fine line between the corners to represent a frame.

I am sharing this with

Shopping Our Stash - Home Sweet Home
CAS on Friday - One Layer Wonder
Just add Ink - Just add H (house/home/hollyhocks)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jane, I love Clarice Cliff too so I think I NEED this stamp set now lol
Love your colouring on it and the fab frame you have created :)
Hugs Kaz xx

Claire Toplis said...

A very sweet card Jane :-)

MagsB said...

Oh so gorgeous, Jane! I love Clarice Cliff, and you've caught her bright colours beautifully!

love Mags B x

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Jane, a super scene and lovely bright colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marina said...

I saw this in the gallery at SOS and imediately thought 'Clarice Cliff'. I love the frame you've made. Great card.

Liz said...

Super CAS card, Jane, beautifully coloured in the Clarice Cliff style. xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ohh!! love the pop of colors on your sweet little image and the fabulous way you created a frame for it.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you come and play again soon.
Hugs.

Cara said...

Gorgeous card and I ldon't feel how you've created the frame around the card x

Anonymous said...

I agree - this is an adorable image and beautifully coloured. Chantell Just Add Ink

Nikki Spencer said...

This is super cute Jane and just perfect for a new home owner. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh sistah! Love love love this card!
That wee home is super!
Thanks for coming home sweet home with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week!

Mimi said...

There is something about this card-- I could just stare at it for hours! It's just so clean and charming! Thank you for sharing at Shopping Our Stash this week!

Agi said...

Very cute card with beautiful bright colours, Jane!

Janneke said...

What a great card ;O)
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!