Saturday 24 February 2018

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #104 - Tissue

Our latest challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is T is for Tissue.



I don't use tissue much in crafting but I do have some vintage advertising printed tissue so I've been playing with that.


I find tissue tears very easily so I attached it by wetting the base card with gesso, and slid the tissue over it, wrinkling it in places but keeping it pretty smooth in the area of the horse as I wanted that to be the focal point.

When it was dry I painted around the edges with Starlight paint, also painting a paper rosette and a couple of resin roses, and then when that was dry, stencilled on a couple of borders using Alchemy Wax and daubed a bit of that onto the rosette and roses too.

Finally, a stamped sentiment using one of my beloved Dylusions sets. Now you know why I wanted to keep the horse as the focal point.

Now why not trot over and see what the other Sistahs  and of course our Queen have created  - you'll find all kinds of different ideas for incorporating tissue into your crafting. And if you share your own creation, you could become the next Queen or Princess of Snark.

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Great use of the tissue, which btw is very interesting tissue. fabby job.

Dotty Jo said...

Love it! Are the patterns/images actually on the tissue? Wow! Jo x

Margarets designer cards said...

Very interesting card, and wonderful images are they printed on the tissue before you glued then on the card.

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, a great way to us tissue paper - a fabulous vintage design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lindsey said...

You had a great success with my crash-and-burn fail — I tried patterned tissue adhered with gesso, too, and ugh to mine. Yay to yours, which is artsy wonderful!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh printed tissue - that is awesome!!
Agreed it's a pain in the buttocks to adhere, that's why I layered all mine on cardstock!

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, I bet hit has a lovely sparkle in real life x

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

Great job and you are right, tissue can be hard to work with.

Majo said...

An amazing creation, love it so much, dear Sistah ♥