Thursday 22 February 2018

Tall tree

The world needs more DL sized cards! I don't know why it is but I very rarely think of making them, and yet that long, lean space is great for so many cards.


For this card, I cut a panel slightly smaller than the card front then die cut the Christmas tree from it. The die has stitching effect on both the inside and outside of the cutting line, making both the positive and negative die cuts useful.

Next I embossed the top part of the panel with a Darice snowflake folder, then stuck a panel of Christmas sentiment paper behind the aperture. The Altenew Christmas sentiment stamps that I recently won in the Playground use a very similar font, making this one perfect to stamp on the clear space at the bottom of the card.

Finally I attached the bow- a ready made one I rescued from some packaging at Christmas - and stuck the whole panel to the front of the card.

I am sharing this with

Little Red Wagon - Go Green!  - my recycling is the ribbon
Fab'n'Funky - Christmas

6 comments:

Di said...

Perfect Jane! I spoke in my email about HC purchases - I do buy DL cards there as they aren't the easiest of envelopes to source online. I may pinch this idea - a super card!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Wow, Jane, this is wonderful and you are so right about the DL size card. Thanks for joining us this week at little red wagon going green!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Have to agree with you about the DL card Jane, this is a perfect example.

Sue xx

vaiybora said...

wow !!! it really beautiful so much.i like your good idea Thanks for the inspiration!

Animation

Cara said...

I love how elegant this is x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Fab’n’Funky Challenge this time and good luck :)