Wednesday 7 February 2018

Butterfly splash



Rummaging through my snippets box I found a piece of card in a lovely iridescent teal blue with a plain lighter coloured reverse, and decided to use the back and front of it for this card. Actually I also found scraps of a plain deep teal and a splash-patterned teal, so I grabbed my First Edition Layered Butterfly die and cut several from each colour of card, then mixed them and matched them and picked my favourite. So my to-be-used tin now contains several teal butterflies.

To make the card, I used Peacock Feather DI  to stamp the large circle pattern from the Gentleman Crafter stamp set and the sentiment, part of a recent Papercraft Essentials cover gift.

I'll just end with a sigh - the white on my photos today looks perfectly white in the original pics but now I've uploaded them to my blog it looks pink.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to CAS - Teal 


CASology - Butterfly




5 comments:

Joyce said...

What a beautiful card. Love how you have grounded that pretty butterfly. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Your lovely layering of teal on teal adds terrific dimension and texture! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology this week, Jane!

Cara said...

This is so pretty, I feel your pain at the photography though!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Great focal point with your circle background and layered butterfly. So happy you could join in the fun at CASology this week.

Ellenor said...

I love this beautiful clean and simple card :)
Thank you for playing along with us at Addictet to CAS - Ellenor