Sunday 26 July 2015

A Christmas candle

I know, I know, more Christmas cards even though it's July - but I'm WAAAAAAY behind with my Christmas card making and likely to be away a fair bit between now and Christmas, so I really need to crack on with them. And as the current One Layer Christmas Card Challenge is candles, this card features a candle.

This card was made using a tag stamp that I've had for years. I can still make out the writing on the backing acetate, so I thought I was going to be able to tell you who it was made by, but the writing simply says "Individual stamp"  - I can blooming well see it's an individual stamp, I can count all the way to one don't you know!

Anyway, I stamped, embossed and coloured it, and then to give it some festive sparkle, I brushed Opal Dust over the white area surrounding it.

 
The photo doesn't really do justice to the opal dust, so I tried holding it at an angle to the camera - this time you can see the lovely effect it creates, but the close up means you can also see the folly of my having chosen to use ordinary brush markers rather then Promarkers, simply because they happened to be the colours I wanted..... just look at those "brush strokes"!
 
 

4 comments:

Carol L said...

What a pretty tag! I love that you can see the brush marks, it gives it that hand-made look. The sparkle is a beautiful touch too!

MaryH said...

Very lovely, indeed, Jane. I'm with Carol, I think the brush strokes in the colors add to the illusion of the stained glass look. This is a most lovely image, and your black enamel embossing stands out so much against the vivid colors. The sparkle shows great on the enlarged photo. It's a beautiful card. Well done! TFS & Happy Sunday

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful card; love the vibrant colors! Thank you for sharing with us at OLCCC.

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely image and I love the Opal Dust, great effect. Thanks for sharing at OLCCC.